Injured on Active Duty



Injured on Active Duty 


Only injury or illness that results in medical retirement is a QLE. For more, visit the Medical Retirement QLE page.

We have many programs and benefits available if you were injured on active duty. How you get your care depends on your current zxyyjy.comitary status. 

Active Duty Service Members

  • You have one of TRICARE's Prime plans.
  • Your primary care manager coordinates your care.
  • You may also qualify for programs offered through the Department of Defense, your Service, or the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
  • We offer special benefits, including respite care, for caregivers of wounded, ill, and injured service members.

National Guard and Reserve Members

  • If you were on active duty for more than 30 days when injured, your benefits are the same as an active duty service member (see above).
  • If you were on active duty for fewer than 30 days when injured, you may qualify for Line of Duty care.

Retired Service Members

If you’re a retired service members and have a service-connected injury or illness, you may qualify for benefits through TRICARE or the VA.

Have you deployed to Southwest Asia, Afghanistan, or Djibouti?

Do you have concerns about exposure to burn pits or other airborne hazards? You can find information about the Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry at >>Learn More

Last Updated 1/4/2019