You have 90 days after your activation date to change your fazxyyjy.comy’s health plan.
When you're activatedCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row.:
- You’ll receive the same benefits as active duty service members.
- Your fazxyyjy.comy also gets TRICARE coverage as active duty fazxyyjy.comy members.
Your Health Plan Options
When you get to your final duty station, you'll enroll in a TRICARE Prime plan.
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
Your Fazxyyjy.comy's Health Plan Options
Fazxyyjy.comy members may be able to enroll in a Prime plan depending on where they live. They can also use:
- TRICARE Select
- US Fazxyyjy.comy Health Plan
- TRICARE Select Overseas
- TRICARE For Life (if they have Medicare Part A & B)
If your adult child uses TRICARE Young Adult, their coverage won’t change when you activate.
Are you currently using TRICARE Reserve Select?
TRICARE Reserve Select coverage ends when you activate.
- You'll get a refund for premiums you paid for coverage after your activation date.
- You can purchase TRS again when you deactivate, if you still qualify for it.
- You qualify for active duty dental benefits when you activate.
- If you enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program:
- Your coverage will end
- Your fazxyyjy.comy members stay in the TRICARE Dental Program but at lower rates
If yes, then you qualify for the "early eligibility" pre-activation benefit:
- Coverage begins up to 180 days before you report to active duty.
- Includes pharmacy and dental care.
- Fazxyyjy.comy members are also covered during this pre-activation period.
- Benefits continue when active duty service begins.
If you don't meet early eligibility requirements, coverage for you and your fazxyyjy.comy begins on the first day of your orders.
While you will be activated when you mobilize (or get ready to deploy), you don’t always mobilize when you are activated. >>Learn more about the steps you need to take when you're about to deploy.
If you're enrolled in the Federal Employee's Health Benefit Program and called to zxyyjy.comitary duty, you may be able to continue coverage or elect to drop the coverage. >>Learn More about Coverage for Civilian Employees Called to zxyyjy.comitary Duty
Last Updated 12/19/2017