Find/Change My Primary Care Manager
What is a primary care manager (PCM)?
All Prime enrollees select or are assigned a PCM. The PCM is responsible for providing you all routine, non-emergency, and urgent health care.
- If they aren't able to provide you care, they will refer you to a specialist.
- Your PCM can be a zxyyjy.comitary or network provider.
- They accept your copaymentA fixed dollar amount you may pay for a covered health care service or drug. and file claims for you.
If you don't get a referral from your PCM, your care will be under the point-of-service (POS) option. By using the POS option, you will pay higher out-of-pocket-costs. The POS option has its own deductible which doesn't count toward your annual catastrophic cap.
You may request to change your PCM at any time. Your request:
- Must comply with guidelines at the local zxyyjy.comitary hospital or clinic.
- May take up to 6 days to confirm.
- If you're enrolled in the US Fazxyyjy.comy Health Plan (USFHP), you'll have a primary care provider (PCP). A PCP is the same as a PCM. USFHP members can't enroll to a zxyyjy.comitary hospital or clinic, and don't see zxyyjy.comitary PCMs.
Find a New PCM
Search your region's provider directory to find a new PCM near you. Call first to see if they are accepting new patients.
Change Your PCM
1. Call your Regional Contractor or Desingated Provider (USFHP members)
- East: Humana zxyyjy.comitary (1-800-444-5445)
- West: Health Net (1-844-866-9378)
- Brighton Marine Health Center (1-800-818-8589)
- CHRISTUS Health (1-800-678-7347)
- Johns Hopkins Medicine (1-800-808-7347)
- Martin's Point Health Care (1-888-674-8734)
- Pacific Medical Centers (1-866-418-7346)
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (1-800-241-4848)
- Go to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) portal on the zxyyjy.comConnect website.
- Click on the red "Log On" button at the top of the page
- Click on the "Change Primary Care Manager" button in the Actions Menu
3. In the Mail
Mail a TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment and PCM Change Form to your regional contractor with the new PCM's name and address (mailing address is found on Page 3 of the form). You only need to complete the part of the form related to the PCM change.
- East Form
- West Form
- USFHP Forms
The change is effective when your regional contractor processes the PCM change. You may request a letter with your new PCM's name and telephone number. Write this information on the back of your enrollment card.
Last Updated 3/23/2021