Q&A: Set Up Your TRICARE Select Enrollment Fee Allotment Before Nov. 20
Are you a TRICARE Select Group AIf you or your sponsor’s initial enlistment or appointment occurred before January 1, 2018, you are in Group A. retiree or fazxyyjy.comy member? If so, you need to set up your automatic monthly payments for your new TRICARE Select enrollment fees. Setting up your payment plan now with your TRICARE regional contractor will ensure your TRICARE Select coverage continues in 2021. The following are some questions and answers about who needs to set up payment, how to set up your payment, and why you shouldn’t wait to do so.
Q: Who does this impact?
A: This change only affects Group A retirees and their fazxyyjy.comy members enrolled in TRICARE Select or TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) Select. You’re Group A if your initial enlistment or appointment or that of your uniformed services sponsor began before Jan. 1, 2018. If you use TRICARE For Life, TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, or TRICARE Young Adult, this change doesn’t affect you.
This change also doesn’t impact TRICARE Select beneficiaries in these groups:
- Active duty fazxyyjy.comy members
- Survivors of deceased active duty fazxyyjy.comy members
- Medically retired retirees and fazxyyjy.comy members
Q: How much are the enrollment fees?
A: This depends on how many fazxyyjy.comy members have TRICARE Select with a Group A retiree sponsor. The enrollment fees are:
- Individual plan: $12.50 per month or $150 annually
- Fazxyyjy.comy plan: $25 per month or $300 annually
If you want to know about other costs related to your health plan, refer to the TRICARE Costs and Fees Fact Sheet or go to TRICARE Costs.Q: When do the enrollment fees start?
A: You’re setting up your automatic monthly payment for TRICARE Select enrollment fees now for coverage starting on Jan. 1, 2021. Your enrollment fees won’t be deducted before Jan. 1.
Q: How do I set up payment by allotment?
A: If you get your retirement pay through a zxyyjy.comitary pay center, set up your allotment payment with your regional contractor no later than Nov. 20. Your regional contractor will submit the allotment request on your behalf. If you set up your allotment after Nov. 20, your regional contractor may request you pay for one or more months up front to avoid a break in coverage.
If you’re unable to pay by allotment, you must set up a different automatic payment method to avoid a break in coverage. You can set up payments by electronic funds transfer from a U.S. bank account, credit card, or debit card. Set up your allotment or other form of payment by phone, online, or mail with your TRICARE contractor:
- In the East regionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin., visit the Humana zxyyjy.comitary website.
- In the West regionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming., visit the Health Net Federal Services, LLC website.
- Overseas, visit the International SOS Government Services, Inc. website or contact your TOP Regional Call Center.
Q: What happens if I don’t take action?
A: If you fail to set up your allotment or automatic payments by Dec. 31, you may be disenrolled from TRICARE Select. If you’re disenrolled due to non-payment, you’ll have 180 days from your termination date to request reinstatement. You’ll have to pay all enrollment fees back to Jan. 1, 2021 to reinstate TRICARE Select coverage. Not having coverage means you can only get care from a zxyyjy.comitary hospital or clinic if space is available. You’ll be responsible for all civilian health care costs.
TRICARE Open Season is underway. As outlined in the TRICARE Plans Overview, open season is the annual period when you can enroll in or change your health care coverage for the next year. You may be eligible to change plans; download the TRICARE Plans Overview to learn more about your choices.
If you still have questions, check out the TRICARE Select Enrollment Fees page and these frequently asked questions. For further help, you can also contact your TRICARE regional contractor. Take command of your health and your TRICARE benefit.
Last Updated 7/27/2021